CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Lock Birth Timeline

Thursday, February 26, 2009

First Retightening





Had my first retightening yesterday. Took a total of about 3 hours including retightening (actually that part took about an hour,) shampooing and sitting under the dryer. Being as it was only two weeks, there wasn't much new growth, but enough.

Shannon (my consultant) tightened first and then washed. It felt soooooo good to have someone else shampoo my hair. I missed that luxury since I stopped going to the shop. I used to have my hair professionally shampooed every few months as a treat because I love it so much, but most beauticians would try to talk me into some perm or under a pressing comb, so I just said forget it.

I actually packed my own shampoo (Dr. Bronners mix of peppermint, eucalyptus and lavendar shampoos with some water,) just in case she was going to use the Sisterlocks shampoo. Nothing against Dr. C, but I don't want ANY chemicals on my scalp period. As a matter of fact, when I DO get the green light to color, I more than likely will only color the tips of my hair, not the root. But I digress.

Shannon does use Dr. Bronners for the same reason I do its natural, affordable and does the trick. After shampooing, she put a light oil on my scalp and a bit of shea butter conditioner and set me under the dryer.

At first, I was disappointed because I was like, man everyone else gets rollers before they get under the dryer, why didn't I? Well when I was done I saw, my hair has a natural crinkle and GASP, my ends have started developing curly-q's whooo hooo..

So my next retightening appt is March 17, which is a little shy from three weeks. More info to come.

3 comments:

Shavonne said...

You had your hair retightened already? Wow. It hasn't been that long.

Looks great! I can see the curly q's and I likes.

It will probably be another year before I get my hair locked. Maybe sooner. I'll see this summer how I feel about it. It's all about being ready. I'm not there yet.

Unknown said...

Happy 1 month! I am loving your locks already.:D

foxydiva said...

LOL thanks, and yes. Shannon likes to retighten and wash every two weeks, which makes the retightenings quicker and cheaper since I have so much hair. It's nice to not have to worry about braiding/banding. But she has put me on a three week schedule for now, just to see if two or three weeks works better.

I hear ya about being ready. You will know when its time. I'm just looking forward to being able to enjoy water sports with out looking a hot mess. Would also be nice having picture proof that I CAN jet ski since I wont be running from the cameras hiding my jacked up hair!!!