CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Lock Birth Timeline

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Long Time, no Chat

Hello blog family~

Sorry its been so long, a lot has been going on in my world. I changed careers and went to manicuring school and am now doing nails full time and I actually love it quite a bit. Unfortunately for me, beauty school ran the same hours as my locticians schedule so I went *gasp* 8 months with out a reti.  I was a DIY for a while thanks to Kalia-Dewdrop. This kept my hair from looking like a lukewarm mess instead of a hot one. I didn't purchased the nappyloc tool she uses in her video. I fashioned my own with the assistance of NubianLockedPrincess from a yarn needle purchased at Wal Mart. Now my reti was in no way as professional as Ms Shannon my loctician but it did help it look not so frumpy.

When I FINALLY got in for my retightening, it only took about an hour and a half longer than usual. I didn't have much breakage at all, but she did have to marry a total of 4 locks so I now have a few double dragons, which came in handy, but I will explain that later.

I will say that I did have a LOT more folicles produced waiting so long to have my hair tightened up but other than that, it was not so bad..Granted I am now back on my 6-8 week schedule because I don't want to lose any locks just because I'm being lazy.

I know this post was rather short and sweet but MORE info to come shortly re professional coloring and a professional line of products that is lock friendly as well as a video. 

5 comments:

z said...

NLP's videos are so great and i'm glad that you fashioned your own hair tool. I had to do the same after my locs became too fat for my NL tool and after I broke my latch-hook. I'm using a paperclip now and that's working out for me. Definitely keep us updated on your progress when you have some free time.;-)

Ms. Monique said...

Can you please give me the name of your loctician

Shavonne said...

How was the career change? I'm thinking of leaving the data analyst world for the esthetician world. I have GI bill money I need to use. What made you want to make that change?

foxydiva said...

Ms Shara, I go to Ms Shannon Scott-Creal located at doubletake salon in midtown. Shoot me an email and i will get you her number.

foxydiva said...

Ms Shavonne, the career change was great, less money, but also less stress and almost 2 years in and i still am excited about my job everyday. I am also teaching at a local beauty college and things are fab.